Both your office and your home need a good fire protection system in place to keep your employees or your family safe in case of a fire. Installing an efficient and effective fire fighting system is a priority.
There are a wide variety of fire protection systems available in the market which can be grouped broadly under two heads:
- Active Fire Protection Systems and
- Passive Fire Protection Systems
Active systems contain, control and extinguish fires that break out while passive systems slow the spread of smoke and fire giving people in the affected building more time to evacuate. A comprehensive and effective fire protection system should contain both.
Active Fire Protection Systems
Also known as AFP, these systems can be automated or manual. Some automatically respond when a fire breaks out, while some need to be manually operated. Some of the more common types of active fire protection systems include:
- Fire sprinkler systems:
- Fire extinguishers
- Sprinkler heads
- Smoke alarms
- Fire alarms
In the case of a breakout, the smoke and fire alarms go off immediately, making people aware of the fact that they need to evacuate to safety. This helps in saving a lot of lives during an emergency situation.
Passive Fire Protection Systems
Also called PFP, passive fire protection systems are designed to contain fires and slow their spread. Some of the more common types of PFPs include:
- Fire dampers (prevent the spread of fire through ductwork)
- Fire-resistant floors
- Fire-stop technology
- Fire-resistant doors (compartmentalize a building)
- Fire-resistant glass
- Cable coating
- Spray fireproofing
It is of vital importance to get high-quality fire protection systems installed, operational, inspected and maintained by experienced professionals. For instance, water sprinklers need to have an adequate amount of water pressure, fire alarms need to have batteries replaced, fire extinguishers need to be recharged after every use and so on.
Tashman Home Center, your local neighborhood home improvement and hardware store, has an extensive collection of high-quality fire protection systems. Available in a wide variety of specifications to suit your needs and from multiple brands, trust us as,
- We have over 56 years of experience, over 200,000 quality installations and over 60,000 items in stock.
- You can shop online and either has your purchases delivered or pick them up at the store at no additional charge.
- Our Certified Installation Master internal crew takes care of all the installation needs.
- We are known for our top-notch customer service. We have thousands of happy customers!
- Our experienced, knowledgeable staff is always ready to guide and help you identify the product most suited to your needs.
What are you waiting for? Call us on (323) 409-9695 and get a free quote!