Retractable screen doors let the fresh air in and keep the bugs out without blocking your view. While traditional screen doors also let in cool breezes on a summer day, they also have some unfortunate design flaws. Some of them are unattractive. All of them require a good deal of space in order to open and many older doors have a way of slamming shut if you let them close by themselves. Also, they’re not even necessary for large chunks of the year, because the front door stays closed when it’s cooler outside.
In our effort to carry a more perfect product, Tashman Home Center features ClearView Retractable Screen Doors. ClearView doors offer all the benefits of traditional screen doors, without the downsides.
What is a retractable screen door?
When closed, retractable screen doors look like every other screen door. They’re made from a durable screen material, have a metal frame and a handle for convenient opening and closing. It’s when they’re being opened and closed you can you see the difference between these doors and traditional screen doors.
Retractable screen doors work somewhat like window shades, except that they’re mounted vertically instead of horizontally. The doors themselves are wound up on a roller contained on the side of the door frame. Magnets on the opposite side of the roller help keep the door shut.
What are the benefits of retractable screen doors?
Retractable screen doors have lots of benefits! For example:
- Take up less space. While rolled up, retractable screen doors take up very little space in the door frame. A retractable screen door is only pulled shut when the front door itself is open. This means that the screen door can be installed very close to the exterior door, without needing to leave room for the exterior door handle. This is ideal for doorways that are not wide enough to support a traditional screen door.
- Good for apartments and condos. Because they take up less space, retractable screen doors are perfect for use in apartment buildings and condos with front door openings that lead to narrow exterior walkways.
- Easy open and close features. The magnets that hold the doors closed are just powerful enough to keep the doors closed until someone tugs on the handle. Opening the door takes just a little pull. In addition, ClearView Retractable Screen Doors have a patented safe-glide system to ensure each glides smoothly and evenly, but not too quickly, across the track.
- Let in fresh air. Retractable screen doors let in fresh air all day long, so you can sit comfortably in your apartment, condo or house while enjoying comfortable temperatures and gentle breezes.
- Keep out bugs. You may have heard about the dangers of illnesses carried by mosquitos in LA. If you haven’t, then you must have missed on of our recent blog posts, Zika Virus & Southern California: What You Need to Know. Using a screen door can help protect you and members of your household from bug bites, illnesses and infestations.
- Invisible when closed. When they’re closed, retractable screen doors spend their time tucked out of the way. They’re only visibly there when you need them.
Want to know more? Check out these two informative videos:
Stop By Tashman Home Center
Tashman Home Center is your destination for ClearView Retractable Screen Doors in Los Angeles. Please visit our showroom on Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood to see all of the features ClearView has to offer. Our knowledgable staff can help you decide on your door’s size and construction, its closure method, the frame and screen color and the type of mesh you require. If you’re considering a retractable screen door for your home this summer, Tashman Home Center should be your destination.