Window screens play an important role in any home or office. They keep out the bugs and pests, while also allowing fresh air to circulate. If your window screens are damaged or torn, you need a reliable window screen repair service to fix them right away. Luckily, there is a trusted company that can help. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of using a window screen repair service and provide information on how to choose the best one for your needs. Keep reading for more information.
Tips for Choosing a Window Screen Repair Company
1. Ask for references.
2. Check the company’s BBB rating.
3. Get a written estimate with an itemized list of parts and labor costs before work begins.
4. Window screens can be brought to the store to be repaired or replaced with a 2 or 3 day turnaround.
5. Make sure that the screens fit back in place once repaired. If not, call the company and have them send out a specialist to reset your screens if they replaced or repaired them. They should fit the same way they did before.
6. Consider whether it will be easier for you to have someone come out and measure or pick up all your screens at your house or if you would rather drop them off at their location which saves you money.
7. Find out how long they have been in business.
8. Verify that their technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured.
Window Screen Repair FAQs:
How do you repair window screens?
There are many methods you could use to repair window screens. Below is the step by step process on how one might go about repairing a window screen or decide to replace it instead.
1) If the frame is bent, use a soft mallet to hammer it straight if possible. If the mesh is already torn then bring the screen into the store to have it replaced.
2) If the frame is broken or the metal is flimsy now and won’t hold itself in place, it’s time to replace the entire window screen.
3) If you have more than four screens to replace or fix, have the company come out and pick them up and make new ones and then install them for you.
How much does screen repair cost?
Screen repair costs depend on the type of damage, the frame size, and the company/person you go to for service. For example, if your screen frame is cracked or damaged its a simple replacement. Generally speaking though, replacing mesh is low cost. An average new screen replacement is around $80 depending upon the size. A re-wire for mesh is around $25.00
When should you replace window screens?
We recommend replacing screens once every 10 years to keep them bug-proof and ensure an optimal viewing experience. To make replacement simple, we measure and use your frame if possible and show you upgrades to the mesh you might prefer..
It is imperative that homeowners inspect their window screens on a yearly basis. There are several instances that may lead to the destruction of your home’s window screens, including damaged screening material; torn screening; worn spline; holes or splits; rotting spline; ripped/torn/missing spline clips; loose screws, crossbars, etc.; stains from sooty bits of fly ash clinging to the screen mesh during cold weather months. If any signs are found, it would be wise for the homeowner to replace their old with new immediately.
The Number 1 Window Screen Repair Company in West Hollywood, CA
Tired of your old, worn out screens? We can help you with that! Our window screen repair service is the perfect solution for anyone who needs their windows fixed. Whether it’s a small tear or a big rip, we can fix any damage to your screens so they look like new again. Plus, our repairs are made in-house so you don’t have to worry about sending them away and waiting weeks for them to come back. You get fast turnaround times and high quality workmanship every time.
- The Ace Hardware of window screens
- Trusted by 30,000 customers for over 60 years
- #1 Window Screen Repair Company In the USA
- We have great customer service reviews on Google and Yelp. Try us today!
When you choose us as your window screen repair company, we guarantee that you will be satisfied with our services 100% of the time! That means if there ever comes a day when one of our repairs doesn’t hold up over time we can come out and adjust the screen for you and reset it. It’s just another way that Ace Hardware shows how much they care about their customers’ satisfaction. So what do you say? Are you ready to experience the best customer service around? Give us a call today at 323-656-3203 and let’s get started on those screens.
Related articles about Screen Windows: