Stay cool in summer and warm in winter at home without using your air conditioner or heater much and even save on your energy bills! Sound improbable? Not at all! Install high-quality energy-efficient windows.
Given the increased demand in the market, today, many companies manufacture and sell energy-efficient windows. How do you know which one is best suited to your needs? Read on as we give you some tips.
- First and foremost, look for the ENERGY STAR symbol. ENERGY STAR certified windows can save you an average of 8% on your energy bills. These windows are better insulated as they have low e-glass window coatings, insulated frames, sashes and inert gases, commonly called argon, between the panes. These low emissivity windows have a coating which reflects back the sun, thereby not letting heat enter into your home, keeping it cool in summer. During winter, it does not allow the warmth of the home inside to escape.
- Secondly, know your climate zone. Look it up on the ENERGY STAR website. For more efficient windows, choose a window certified for a zone higher than your own.
- Consult with a supplier about getting the right windows for your home because there are many kinds based on cost, features etc. You have to choose the one best fit according to:
- The house you live in. For instance, if you have an old home, you will, in all probability, want windows with medium or high solar gain to transmit the sun’s heat in the cold months.
- The location where you want to install it. For instance, if you want it over the kitchen sink, you might want to choose a casement or sliding window instead of a double hung one as the latter will be inconvenient to operate.
- The material that will work the best – for instance, many prefer wood while others opt for metals.
- Of course, your budget!
- Finally, always hire a professional. Do your research and shortlist at least 3 trained installers. They ensure that your windows perform their best.
Regardless of what you choose, remember, a quality product is will make a lot of difference and help you not only save energy and money, but also help you play your role in protecting the planet.
If you are in the Greater Los Angeles area, visit our Tashman Home Center store for quality energy efficient windows. We work with a number of companies that manufacture a wide range of energy efficient windows, in varied styles. We also provide custom, professional window installation done with our own crews (Lic # 298720) – not subcontractors and, when it comes to windows and doors, we are certified Installation Masters. We are known for our attention to detail, so, if we do the installation, we make sure it’s done right the first time – because we guarantee it.
Please visit our showroom to see our energy-efficient window selection or call us today at (323) 475-7940 to set up your free estimate on energy-efficient windows for your home.